A bathroom remodeling if done right, can change your life a whole lot better. Small things like cabinetry settings, wall paint, laundry bucket— can reorganize your bathroom to help you keep it clean.
To be honest, you may do some DIY changes or find a professional depending on your current situation. We will be giving you exactly that information through this blog today. How to know if you need professional bathroom renovators? Don’t jump in right away. Wake your inner Monica and try these fixes at home to clean and organize your bathroom.
- Declutter: Declutter your bathroom properly. Throw out what you don’t need anymore and organize the things that you need.
- Clean countertops: Clean the countertops and declutter them. Use door hangers, wall hangers etc. Toothbrush holders, soap holders are great options.
- Cabinet drawers: Is it difficult to find something in the bathroom drawers? Organize them by investing in small things like a drawer divider. You can create a DIY one if you are feeling crafty.
- Laundry bin: Adding a laundry bin or bucket helps a lot. Keep all dirty clothes and towels in one place.
- Label: Labels make it easier to find things and more importantly to create specific spaces for every item. If things are labeled, your kids, family, and guests will know exactly what goes where.
These are the fixes when you have a modern bathroom with proper cabinets, shelves etc. But what if your bathroom has bigger problems to fix? You need professional help. Here are the things to determine if you need a professional bathroom renovation.
Paint has gone bad:
Nobody wants a dingy dirty bathroom. You would be surprised to see what a fresh coat of paint can do to transform the bathroom. If there are wall tiles, clean them or get new ones.
Is there a leak or damage to the ceiling? It can lead to bigger issues. Get it fixed! In fact, the sequence to work on a bathroom remodeling project is to start with the ceiling first, walls second, and floors third.
If you are ready to go through a major renovation, consider a “full gut”. When done by a professional with expertise you end up with a zero problems bathroom that will function flawlessly for years. There can be a dozen hidden problems due to water damage or others. Look into structural deficiencies such as floor framing, plumbing, shower/tub surrounds, etc.
Shower, bathtub, toilet, bidet, sink, faucets and showerheads— all fixtures have their certain lifespan. You can change a broken fixture or two but professionals know what they are doing.
Why hiring a contractor for DIY bathroom fixes learned from the internet? Because that is the smart thing to do. You start to fix one thing and another problem pops up? Will you be able to hold a leaking pipe with one hand and research with the other? Given the complexity of the job involving electrical, tiling, plumbing, etc., you shouldn’t overlook the advantages of hiring a bathroom remodeling contractor.
With more than 30+ years of successful bathroom remodeling experience, Valor Home has been helping homeowners improve their home interiors ever since our beginning in 2000. Valor Home, the top bathroom remodeling contractor of Annapolis, MD, is not just any bathroom remodeler but also the best in line for roofing, window services, etc. A bathroom remodeling company of Annapolis, MD that you can trust!