Your siding is one of the things that can be clearly spotted on the exterior of your home, and it reflects how much you care for it. Is there an easily noticeable rotten or broken section of your siding? Water, air, and bugs can all enter your home through damaged siding, creating serious complications for you.
Although it may appear easier to just fix the decaying or damaged section, doing so is not always the best approach, and sometimes you may need to replace the siding entirely.
It can be tricky to distinguish the difference between issues that need repair or replacement. Luckily, you have the experts at Valor Home, a residential sliding service company, to help you determine when damaged siding should be replaced or repaired.
3 Signs You Need Professional Siding Repair
Siding repair is cheaper and faster than siding replacement. If you notice any of the following signs, it may be possible to simply repair your siding:
1. If the mold build-up is minimal, fix your siding. Just be sure to determine the cause of the build-up first. Hire a reliable siding replacement company to assist you in determining the specific cause of the unwanted dampness.
2. Siding that is cracked or loose indicates that it needs to be repaired. Most folks can easily remove and replace two sections of siding. The major issue is if there are multiple sections of cracked siding, which requires professional siding contractors to solve the problem.
3. If you have a simple dent in your siding, you can likely repair it. Dents can be created by various things like a ball striking the siding or a hail storm. Luckily, they are usually pretty easy to fix.
Notice Any of These? It’s Time for Residential Siding Replacement
The siding on your home may require replacement if it is damaged beyond repair. Here are some signs that a repair isn’t enough and that it’s time to replace your siding:
1. If you detect discoloration or streaks on your siding, call a repair contractor. This is a sign that water is getting in between the cracks and affecting the interior of your home.
2. When signs of decaying appear on your siding, you know it’s time to replace it. To avoid further damage to the internal structure of your property, you must repair your siding immediately and eliminate the decay.
3. If you are constantly repairing your siding, it’s time for a replacement. Sadly, there’s only so much you can do to your home’s siding before it’s time to overhaul the entire thing. If your siding is frequently peeling, cracking, or breaking, and you’re constantly repairing, restoring, or fixing it, this indicates that your siding has reached the end of its useful life and has to be replaced.
Valor Home is Your Partner in Siding Replacement and Repairs
At Valor Home, we offer quality and reliable siding repair and siding replacement services. Our services and values have been trusted by residents of Maryland, Virginia, and Delaware for decades and we love getting so many great reviews from our clients!
Join the Valor Home family when you call us for your siding replacement or repairs. Get a free estimate now!