Hail can cause damage to your home’s roof or covering, as well as the landscape around you. Despite hailstorms can be damaging, the extent of the damage varies significantly. Those who fail to repair the damage, no matter how minor it appears, if left unrepaired it will only deteriorate. Lack of roof maintenance can cause serious additional issues such as molds and water leakage. You may need a roof replacement at the end of it, which may be quite expensive. Your home’s worth is further lowered by a damaged roof.
Below are some factors outlined by our expert of roof replacement and roof installation that will help you identify the damage caused by hailstorms. There are few options given on how to deal with the aftermath of a hailstorm to protect your roof from any further damages.
Identifying Damage Caused By Hailstorm
1. The first and important step is to determine the severity of the storm. A hailstorm can bring down hailstones of different sizes ranging from pea-sized small hail to tennis or golf ball size hail. As it is said by experts- “The heavy the hailstone, bigger the damage”
2. Next is to identify if the hail has caused any damage to the downspout and gutters. If the hailstorm was heavy it is obvious to notice some bends on the guttering system. You could also look for minor dings on the metal surface of exposed areas.
3. Now you have to conduct a roof inspection- you can either do it by climbing up the roof or by using binoculars. Look up to see if there are any loose or broken shingles, traces of roof corrosion, or uncovered wood.
4. The last place to check for any damage is the siding of your house. As you inspect the roof, check the siding as well for any signs of holes or discolorations.
This will give you an idea of how bad the damage was and then you could ask for a professional roofing contractor in Richmond for thorough inspections.
Dealing With Damaged Caused By Hailstorm
1. If you have identified some broken or loose shingles, you can remove them and replace them with new shingles, this applies only when you have a relatively new roof. In case you see half the shingles damaged you need to contact a roofing company and opt-in for roof replacement.
2. Once you have seen the damage caused by the storm get in touch with a roofing contractor in Richmond to have a complete inspection of the roofing to determine the severity of the damage.
3. Next you need to contact your insurance company to check whether hailstorm damage is covered in your insurance or not. The level of damage generally determines whether it is covered in the insurance or not.
4. The last step is hiring a professional roof installation company in Annapolis for getting any roof replacement or repair work to be done in due time so that there is no room for additional damages to the roofing.
Valor Home is a trusted roofing contractor in Richmond and the surrounding areas that provide the highest quality roofing installation and replacement services. Valor Home has been in business for 30 years and has excellent roofing replacement and installation experience. If you believe your roof has been damaged by a hailstorm, contact us so we can evaluate the damage and suggest the right plan of action.
Roof Installation & Replacement Richmond, VA | Roof Installation & Replacement Leesburg, VA | Roof Installation & Replacement Reston, VA | Roof Installation & Replacement Centreville, VA | Roof Installation & Replacement Arlington, VA | Roof Installation & Replacement Alexandria, VA